Without a doubt, one can say that menstrual cramps are the worst thing to deal with. Heavy period flow, headaches, mood swings, and bloating add to the miserable condition.
When you face a host of unpleasant symptoms, you seek ways to find a remedy to it. Right now, CBD is trending in the market as an effective pain management solution.
CBD for menstrual cramps has entered the mainstream and has been included in studies on acute pain, stress, and other disorders. But is it worth trying to end period struggles? Read on to find the answer.
What Causes Menstrual Cramps?
Before Mother Nature gives you the surprise, your body prepares a week before it.
The level of estrogen increases and your uterus becomes thick with tissues. When menstruation begins, the uterus contracts to shed the tissues and linings.
Prostaglandin is a hormone-like substance that triggers uterine muscle contractions. This is s the same hormone that causes contraction during childbirth.
Sadly, your uterus fails to discriminate between delivering a baby and shedding the lining, resulting in monthly cramps and sufferings.
With higher levels of prostaglandins, you can have intense cramps, which interferes with your professional and personal lives.
How CBD Generally Works?
As we already know, cannabis plants contain various compounds known as cannabinoids. Some of them have psychoactive properties (eg THC), while others do not (eg CBD, CBG, CBN, CBDa).
Cannabinoids can be easily consumed or applied externally to interact with your body system and show actions within 30 minutes.
Our body has two cannabinoid receptors – CB1 and CB2, located mainly in the central nervous system and in other parts of the body.
These receptors have endocannabinoids, a natural-occurring compound, which is a part of the body’s endocannabinoid system. This ECS system is believed to play a vital in controlling ache and swelling.
CBD for PMS has no influence on prostaglandin hormone production, rather it releases “feel-good” dopamine hormone in the brain and suppresses swelling in the nerves.
On consuming CBD products, you may feel euphoric and less sensation to cramps and other disorders.
How it Affects Cramps?
The menstrual cycle is unpleasant, and it affects millions of women.
CBD oil for menstrual cramps don’t stop your uterus from contracting, but it aids in lessening inflammation, nausea and improving digestion and appetite. Fighting these symptoms can be a relief to many women.
Here’s how CBD manages these symptoms:
- Reduces tenderness – During the onset of your period, you will experience tenderness in your breasts, lower back, abdomen, and even thighs. Take a few drops of CBD oil or a cream and rub it on the affected area. Let the cannabinoids get soaked in by the skin and start showing effects. This will give you some relief from the period of discomfort because it regulates the vanilloid receptor that regulates pain and sensitivity.
- Reduces inflammation and soreness – CDB for period cramps interacts with the neurotransmitters of the brain and helps in alleviating soreness by reducing inflammation. It also affects the endocannabinoid receptor’s activity in the brain and levels up the production of dopamine.
- Tackles digestive issues – Cramps in the abdomen, lower back, and thighs are common symptoms during periods. Some women face bloating and feel nauseous too. This is where CBD plays its role by activating the cannabinoid receptors. By consuming or applying it externally on the affected areas, you can ease the pain.
- Manages moods – Mood swings are very common and occur due to hormonal imbalance. This is yet another advantage of including CBD in your lifestyle. It lifts your mood, regulates mood swings, and keeps you relaxed and stress-free. Overall, it improves your brain’s functions and helps you to stay focused.
- Gives healthy skin – Many don’t know that the menstrual cycle leads to breakouts in the skin. Acne, pimples, and rashes are seen to pop out before the arrival of Aunt Flo. CBD promotes good skin and controls the excessive production of sebum. It also assists in hydration and balancing the skin. Women who use CBD-infused skincare items have shown promising results on their skin.
Types of CBD Products you Can Use During Periods:
CBD oil – Hemp-infused oil is one of the wisest options to get relief from period pain. It comes with a dropper so that you can make a precise quantity into your mouth. Place a few drops under your tongue and hold it. CBD oil for PMS is the fastest way to make cannabis extract enter your body. Due to its fast-acting, people often choose CBD oil and tinctures to ease out intense menstrual pain.
Capsules – Capsules too work great when it comes to alleviating cramps and inflammation. Take one when the cramps reach the pinnacle and you can no longer carry on your daily activities. A 10mg of CBD capsule is enough to relax you. Sometimes, these capsules are mixed with organic ingredients like, turmeric, chamomile, and other essential oils, which give you a soothing effect later on.
Spray – CBD sprays take pride in giving a cooling sensation that is perfect for those who want instant relief from period-induced pain. It goes with all skin types and brilliantly blends weed exacts with natural botanical compounds. Besides CBD, there are clove, juniper, arnica oil, peppermint, and more for faster relief. Spray it on your abdomen and wait for it to get absorbed.
Balms and salves – To revel in the hours of a stress-free period, weed balms and salves work like magic. The effects stay for long hours, enabling you to do regular chores smoothly. Enriched with botanical components, coconut oil, and organic hemp extracts, these are conveniently sized and are suited for a fast-paced lifestyle.
Bath bomb – Another CBD product to relieve the pain is the bath bomb that comes with a magical scent and excellent skin enhancers. The fusion of marijuana extracts and essential oils and essential oils helps you to fight cramps and symptoms related to the period.
Vaping pens and CBD juices – Just when you can’t take the pain anymore, take out your CBD vape pens. The oil consists of all-natural terpenes, which works pretty well for pain and other discomforts. Inhale the vapor and allow the cannabidiol to scatter into your system. A few puffs and you will be much relaxed.
CBD tea and coffee – A warm cup of weed-infused tea or coffee can give you a lot of support then you can imagine during the horrible phase. Sip it slowly till the cannabinoids start sending signals to the brain’s receptors to release the happy hormones. It’s anti-inflammatory, calmative, and a superb cure for menstrual pain.
To find the best CBD oil for menstrual cramps, browse through our top product list: CBD Oils
Is It Worth Trying CBD for Menstrual Cramps?
Women can easily try cannabis for menstrual cramps if they are not trying to conceive or are nursing.
Check for the ingredients in the label so that you can determine if you are allergic to any!
Moreover, the compounds too shouldn’t interfere with your medications.
Interestingly, CBD has entered the market full-fledged and has become a great alternative to pain killers. It is incredibly powerful and reacts speedily to give you relief.
There are a plethora of CBD products in the market, which you can try for troubling period cramps and swelling.
Whether you want to go for oil or bath salts, choose whichever you want as per your lifestyle.
If you want something on the go, vape pens, gummies and capsules will suit you the best.
Remember, CBD doesn’t stop the production of prostaglandin, instead, it boosts the production of dopamine that balances out the pain.
The source: https://cbdzoid.com/